ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT NPTEL ONLINE CERTIFICATION IS HERE..!!
We all know how our lives were paused unexpectedly due to pandemic. The only one thing that did not hamper was online education. People saw a shift from traditional learning in classrooms to e-learning. This new trend of e-learning is quite convenient for people as it has lots of benefits. IITs and IISc are the best and finest institutes in our country and they have online certification courses that are open for all and free of cost. How strong your knowledge will be if you are trained under people who are best at what they do? Here is the detailed information on NPTEL online certification.
Check full details of Swayam NPTEL.
NPTEL ONLINE CERTIFICATION
NPTEL stands for National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning. It provides E-learning in various streams through the web and video courses bringing high-quality content from institutions like IITs, IISc, NITs, and other leading institutes in the country. It has been offering open online courses along with certification since March 2014
Obtaining NPTEL online certification caters for higher education, professional education, distance education, continuous and open learning.
• There are courses available across 23 disciplines
• Certification courses are offered twice a year (Jan-June, July-Dec)
• Joining a course is free
• There is an optional proctored certification exam to learn a certificate from the IITs for a nominal fee.
• No pre-requisites, no age limit, no entrance criteria to enroll
Benefits of NPTEL online certification are as follows –
- For students – credit transfer and better resume
- For faculty – Refresher courses, AICTE recognized FDP courses
- For working professionals – Upskilling and reskilling
NPTEL ONLINE CERTIFICATION COURSES
How to join NPTEL online certification courses? - Use this link
• Join the courses using Gmail id or any Google-enabled mail id
• The course page will have – syllabus, intended audience, prerequisites, industries that will recognize that particular course, course plan, and exam related information.
• Uses of this course – summer internships/Project associate positions at the IITs, internship opportunities at companies, more marks in internal assignment marks in your school/college, networking opportunities across the globe, inculcate mode of self-learning
- Total enrolment – 11,65,000+
- Students registered – 65,000+
- Students certified – 45,000+
NPTEL ONLINE COURSES FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE
Computer Science is the study of computers and computational systems. It deals with the theory of computation, algorithms, and computational problems.
Once you go to the website you need to search “Computer Science” in search. All the courses of NPTEL online certification related
to computer science will appear along with details such as discipline, SME name, Institute, Content-type. You can click on the subject name it will redirect you to details regarding the course. You can see various options such as – watch on YouTube, Assignments, Download Videos, Transcripts, Books, etc.
The list of NPTEL online courses for Computer Science mainly include –
• Deep Learning for computer vision
• Object-oriented system development System Development using UML, Java, and Patterns
• Data Structure and algorithms using Java
• Computer Graphics
• Bandit Algorithm
• Google Cloud Computing Foundation Course
• Data Analytics with Python
• Introduction to Database Systems
NPTEL ONLINE COURSES FOR CIVIL ENGINEERING
Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment.
There are 180+ online NPTEL certification courses related to civil engineering.
You need to search “Civil Engineering” in the search box and the subject list will appear.
Nptel online courses for civil engineering Subject list –
- Earthquake Resistant Design of Foundations
- Introduction to Multimodal Urban Transport Systems (MUTS)
- River Engineering
- Introduction to Engineering Seismology
- Municipal Solid Waste management
- Remote Sensing Essentials
- Characterization of Construction Materials
- Introduction to Civil Engineering profession and many more.
NPTEL ONLINE COURSES FOR ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION
Electronic engineering (also called electronics and communications engineering) is an electrical engineering discipline that utilizes nonlinear and active electrical components (such as semiconductor devices, especially transistors and diodes) to design electronic circuits, devices, integrated circuits.
You need to search “ electronics and communication” in the search box and the subject list will be seen. In-depth information related to modules and lectures will be shown after selecting the subject.
There are more than 100 courses related to this field.
NPTEL online courses for electronics and communication includes –
- Fundamentals of micro and nanofabrication
- LDPC and Polar codes in 5G standard
- Basics of software-defined radios and practical applications
- Analog IC design
- Enclosure design of electronics equipment
- Design of photovoltaic systems
- Photonic integrated circuits and many more
NPTEL MOOC COURSES
NPTEL is a MOOC platform in other words Massive Online Learning Platform organized by IIT Madras. MOOC is an acronym for Massive Open Online Course. These courses include Perceptions, Learner expectations, and Learner Engagement.
There are two NPTEL MOOC courses –
- Designing Learner – Centric MOOCs (Multidisciplinary)
- MobiMOOC (Audio Course in Hindi – Agriculture)
NPTEL ONLINE COURSES FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Electrical engineering is an engineering discipline concerned with the study, design, and application of equipment, devices, and systems that use electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism.
Nptel online courses for electrical engineering has over 180 courses designed by various IITs
They include –
- Fundamentals of electrical vehicles: Technology and Economics
- Introduction to Embedded System Design
- Introductory Neuroscience and Neuro-Instrumentation
- Information Theory
- Image Signal Processing
- Power System Protection
- Fiber Optic Communication Technology
- Peer to peer networks
- Nonlinear System Analysis